Monday, July 26, 2010

Costume discoveries

Chris Evans in the Captain America costume for the new movie coming sometime this year. Designed by Anna B. Sheppard and Jeffery Kurland. Jeffery Kurland also worked on Inception (btw best movie ever made). The era takes place in the 40's and 50's. Very excited about this one...

I saw the costumes from the old Tron, I suppose it was impressive back in the day but I am only excited about the costumes in the Disney Tron coming out in December. The suits are made of Lycra, mesh and leather. No this isn't some reflective material but actual electrical units installed into the suits! Remarkable! I wonder if it's waterproof? Made by Universal Designs Ltd. http://www.udreplicas.com/in-development/


Okay I had to post the costumes from Inception because it became my favorite movie of all time. I practically planted my face against the glass looking at Marion Cotillard's dress. It's a beautiful gown however I believe they made strips of silk and basted the top of the strips to the dress. She's not moving around so much in the scene but I see how they made a black sequined dress into something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment