Sunday, January 30, 2011

Floral Dress

This structural cotton dress has bias pleats in the front a low neck line and an open back. Originally i wanted to have key holes cut into the top sleeve opening but because of the bare back I find it impossible to have the dress sleeves stay up with out collapsing. I may still make adjustments to it if time allows me. How will I stylize it? beats me... I guess we'll find out on the shoot. 

I started this floral dress last week. I'm proud to say I'm 90% finished. Only reason why I didn't hem anything and didn't add the zipper is because I have to do a fit on my model. Unfortunately, Chritsine, just told me that her waist size is a 24. My original model I believe was 25 or 26 and at the moment the dress is 26 1/2. I don't know how it will look if I make the adjustments... I'm sweating it a little. My photo shoot is this coming Saturday and I'm hoping to finish everything on time. I have a red snake skin pattern legging to do this week which should be easy... and any other adjustments or fix ups I have to do with my other pieces. I am disappointed in myself that I do not have much costume pieces but I'm glad I have something. Wish me luck as I have a lot to do... also being a greedy sleeper ( I need to have my 8 hours ), I hope to accomplish a lot this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment